The SmartCells Top 10 Summer Safety Tips
Summer is officially less than a week away, school is out, graduation parties have been attended and it’s time to start preparing for long-awaited summer vacations, road trips, bon fires, bbq’s, outdoor activities and in some cases DIY projects.
Long hot days of outdoor activities and work often can lead to sore backs, legs, feet, sun burns and if you’re not careful even heat exhaustion. Here are some great tips to beat the summer heat and remain active, productive, safe and feeling good.
- Stay hydrated with Water- Even though ice cold soda and adult beverages may sound thirst quenching, they tend to dehydrate you.
- Use Sunblock- Skin cancer is the second most common form of skin cancer amongst young folks.
- Avoid Strenuous Work at peak heat- Try to complete work in early morning or evening hours to beat the heat.
- Know the symptoms of heat exhaustion- being very sweaty or clammy, feeling weak, giddy, tired and/or nauseous, and if severe, fainting or vomiting.
- Never leave children or pets alone in a vehicle.
- Use insect repellent- Mosquitoes are most active at night, if you spend time outdoors utilize bug repellent with Deet and check for insects when coming inside for the night.
- Watch out for increased construction zones- Summer is road construction season.
- Watch out for increased teen drivers- Summer sees an influx in teen drivers and underage teen drinking. Be wary of your surroundings when on the road.
- Water safety- keeps eyes on children at all times.
- Use SmartCells anti-fatigue products
SmartCells anti-fatigue mats come in several shapes, sizes, colors and configurations to keep you comfortable, productive and feeling good all summer long.
The unique SmartCells cushioning technology will provide comfort for anyone who stands or kneels for extended periods of time. The SmartCells cushioning technology consists of a rubber surface layer integrated with an underlying array of cylindrical rubber cells that soften in response to surface pressure to provide maximum fatigue relief. The SmartCells act like springs that cushion as weight is applied and then rebound when the weight shifts, which returns energy and reduces fatigue associated with standing.
For summer time activities where you are simply too mobile to enjoy the benefits of a SmartCells anti-fatigue mats, there is also a line of SmartCells standard and orthotic insoles.
SmartCells Cushioning Technology: It’s not how the mat feels, it’s how YOU feel.