For Americans, the 4th of July is the pinnacle of summer season celebrations. When celebrating the United States’ independence a common underlying theme is bigger is better. The bigger the barbecue, the bigger the fireworks, the bigger the boom, the better.
According to statistics, nearly 74 million Americans will be barbecuing in celebration of 4th of July. In addition to an estimated 150 million hot dogs being consumed, Americans will also purchase 190 million pounds of pork/red meat and 700 million pounds of chicken in preparation of Saturday’s festivities.
Perhaps the most impressive statistic of them all is the fact that nearly $600 million will be spent on fireworks alone.
With all that food and firepower it may come as no surprise that Independence day is also the deadliest holiday of the year.
To help keep your family feeling good and out of harm’s way you may consider following these popular 4th of July tips:
- Have a fire extinguisher handy in case of a grill or firework mishap.
- Consume alcohol responsibly and keep an eye on minors. (The 4th of July is historically a popular holiday for underage drinking.)
- Dispose of used fireworks properly to reduce the chance of a fire
- If you’re taking your family to a large celebration, consider wearing unique and easily identifiable clothing to prevent getting lost in the crowd.
- Many celebrations take place near water:
- When swimming, know your limits.
- Keep an eye on children when close to water.
- Alcohol and heat are both dehydrating so make sure you drink plenty of water.
- Utilize SmartCells anti-fatigue cushioning technology to keep feeling good all day long.
As we mentioned earlier, a common underlying theme of Independence Day is that bigger is better. When it comes to anti-fatigue mats it couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, a common misconception is that the thicker the anti-fatigue mat the better the cushioning properties are.
However, as a typical foam mat thickens, the stability and safety is greatly reduced. In addition, independent research has found that standing on too soft of a surface can actually induce fatigue.
SmartCells anti-fatigue cushioning technology has been ergonomically designed to offer optimal stability and fatigue relief.
The unique SmartCells act like springs that cushion as weight is applied and then rebound when the weight shifts, which returns energy and reduces fatigue.
The SmartCells line of anti-fatigue rubber mats come with an industry-leading 8-year warranty and are available in three different surface options (smooth, basket weave and carpet top) as well as three colors (Black, gray and light brown) and three sizes (2X3, 3X5 and 24X68). The SmartCells cushioning technology is also available in a line of shoe insoles to reduce fatigue and impact shock.
SmartCells Anti-fatigue: I feel good!