7 Tips to Conquer Your New Year’s Resolutions
“The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.” –Melody Beattie
Christmas is over but there are still a couple days left of the official “Holiday Season” as we wait to ring in 2016 this Friday. For many, this last week of the year is spent reflecting on accomplishments and tribulations of years past, finalizing New Year’s Eve plans and perhaps most importantly, setting goals and resolutions for the New Year.
Perhaps the most popular resolution is to exercise more and live a healthier lifestyle. In fact, each year nearly 50% of Americans make a New Year’s resolution to do exactly that. However, in the year that follows, 92% of those people let the spark of their New Year’s resolution fade away and die.
With an innumerable amount of ways a resolution could go belly up it may seem counterintuitive to even set resolutions in the first place. In spite of this, there are several health benefits of setting goals including: a better sense of clarity, peace of mind and increased productivity. Use the following tips to help set and conquer your New Year’s Resolutions for 2016:
- Don’t go resolution crazy. Setting one or two focused goals will allow you to spend the appropriate amount of time and energy on them.
- Be realistic. If your resolution is to run a marathon, set a realistic time frame for completion and focus on small steps to achieve your final goal.
- With whatever goal you set, plan milestone celebrations to keep your motivation alive.
- Phone a friend. Conquering goals is always easier and more fun when you do it with people you love. Having a good support system will ensure success.
- Focus on the positive. Always think positively, if you’re having a particularly rough day and feeling down on yourself, try thinking about how far you’ve come rather than how far you have left to go.
- Stick to it. It may be hard, but experts say it takes 3 weeks for a behavior to become a habit and 6 months for it to become part of your personality. Don’t give up.
If your New Year’s Resolution has anything to do with exercise or being healthier, SmartCells Personal training products will be there to help you succeed and keep you feeling good.
The family of SmartCells Personal Training products utilizes the same cushioning technology that has long been trusted by major companies as an anti-fatigue solution for their standing workers and, in senior living settings, as a solution to keep senior citizens safe from fall-related injuries.
Available in three different colors (Black, Light Brown, and Grey) as well as three different sizes (36”X60”, 52”X60”, 52”X88”), the remarkable SmartCells Personal Training mats are low profile (1/2”) and have molded-in beveled edges. For custom applications, SATECH offers custom-sized mats and a wall-to-wall flooring option that is perfect for in-home gyms and aerobics flooring.
To unload impact stress on-the-go SATECH also has an all-new line of SmartCells Personal
Training Insoles. Smartcells personal training insoles easily slip into most shoes and come in two options: a Standard flat style, for use with or without orthotics, as well as an Active Orthotic style that offers arch and heel support, personalized for size and designed for impact-related activities.
SmartCells Personal Training: I feel good